Skip to main content

Search Results

Information & Guidance

 Directory results

 Are you on a low income?, Need help to pay your water bill?

South Staffordshire Water offer the Assure tariff can help customers on a low income or who are struggling to pay their water charges; it aims to reduce water poverty and make our bills more affordable. Customers with a household income of less than £16,105 (excluding income…

 Choosing and Paying for a care home

See weblink for information about choosing and paying for a care home.

 Did you know that you can find out online what benefits and tax credits you and your family may be entitled to?

By typing "benefits advisor" into the search box of the website, you can use their online benefits calculator. Simply answer questions anonymously about your savings, income and outgoings and you can find out what you may be entitled to.

 Direct Payment Support Service Providers

There are 3 Direct Payment support service providers in Dudley. Ideal for all, Local Support Team and PeoplePlus.

 Direct Payments - Employing Staff

Guidance relating to employing a Personal Assistant is available in the attached PDF brochure 'Direct Payments - Employing Staff'.

 Disability and Tax Guide

Information, help and resources for anyone taking on a personal assistant to help them live independently. See website for more information.

 Do you need money for training?

If you employ your own care and support staff, you can apply to Skills for Care to get money for training for you and your personal assistant. The money that is available is called individual employer funding.

 Housing and Council tax benefits - Dudley MBC

Housing Benefit is available to people on low income who are renting their homes to help them afford to pay the rent. Council Tax Reduction is available for those on low incomes where council tax is payable on a domestic dwelling. See weblink for more…

 The Information Hub for individual employers: supporting your personal assistant to gain the skills they need

Skills for Care provide 'The information hub' for individual employers and personal assistants. It brings together really useful information from lots of different places. The hub includes, information for individual employers, working as a PA, a newsletter, support in your local area and funding for training.…


This section provides you with information, advice and support on money related topics, including benefits, debt advice, credit unions and financial advice.  In this category you will find details of CAB who can advise on a range of financial/legal matters.
Powered by Open Objects © Open Objects Software Limited