Brierley Hill Neighbourhood Learning Centre delivers various classes in a variety of subject areas such as
- employability support
- assistance with maths and English up to level 2 national standards, including the delivery of an initial assessment at the start of the learning programme to ensure that the individual accesses the correct class to suit their needs.
- English as a second language
- Deaf awareness
- a variety of arts and crafts themed courses
- Creative personal development
- Local history
- Health and social care
- Teaching and learning in schools
- Get cooking and promoting healthier lifestyles
- Family learning
- IT/digital skills, including the use of tablet devices such as iPads etc.
The centre now delivers provision, as part of the YEI/impact initiative, that can assist those aged 19 to 29 looking to improve their skills and find employment.
We are also a recognised partner in the delivery of the Links Together initiative. This project actively seeks to engage Brierley Hill residents in raising their skills and attainment by accessing opportunities for learning and training. The support received, which includes the delivery of accredited information, advice and guidance services, seeks to raise individual aspirations in the labour market and offer greater opportunities for securing sustainable employment. This work directly contributes the regions priorities for inclusive growth.
The facility also delivers an impartial and fully accredited information, advice and guidance service to prospective learners who wish to access any learning opportunities that may be of interest to them. The service can also provide guidance and support for individuals who wish to find employment.
Brierley Hill neighbourhood learning centre is a Safe Places Venue.