Thrive into Work is a new form of employment support for people who have a long-term health condition and/or a disability and are actively seeking work. It will test whether job specialists based in a healthcare setting can help people find work and more importantly stay in a job that is right for them.
Participants will be randomly assigned to one of two groups, one will receive good quality advice and support that is already available and the other will receive this new individual placement and support service.
Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust is one of the providers of the service and will be trialling employment support in Dudley. To take part, participants must:
• Have a mental health and/or a physical health condition
• Be out of work and want to work
• Be registered with a GP in Dudley
• Be aged 18+ at the time of referral
What service are we testing?
If participants are assigned to test the new group they will receive an individual placement and support service. This involves one to one support tailored to your needs and employment goals. Other support includes:
• Staff will work with your health care team to help you manage any difficulties
• You will also receive benefits advice to find out if work could increase your income
• You will receive help with finding a job if you are not in paid employment, and continued support once you have started a job
• We will work with your employer to support you with your needs at work.