St John Ambulance is the nation’s leading first aid charity. Every year, more than 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people.
Our volunteers provide first aid in their communities, keeping people safe at events, and working alongside the NHS in response to 999 calls. We’re also always campaigning to raise awareness of first aid and directly educate the public.
- Event services – We provide medical cover for events , from major sporting fixtures and music festivals to public gatherings.
- Community first responders – Our volunteers are trained to attend emergency calls and provide care until the ambulance arrives.
- Ambulance services – We play a crucial role in supporting the emergency services, responding to local incidents and major accidents.
- Volunteering – Our volunteers provide first aid in their communities, keeping people safe at events, and working with the NHS when lives are on the line.
- Workplace training – We’re the leading provider of workplace training, reaching over 250,000 people a year.
- Young people and schools – Over half of the people we train are under 18. We don’t just teach life saving skills, we offer life saving opportunities as well.
- Teaching in the community – We give people access to important skills they wouldn’t otherwise get the chance to learn.
- Support us – Donate or get involved with our fundraising events. Every pound we raise helps save lives.
- Care Quality Commission report - We strive to provide the best quality care at all times. Read our latest Care Quality Commission report to see how we're doing.
First aid is such a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. We want everyone to learn it, so that they can be the difference between a life lost and a life saved. We are looking for more volunteers to help make an even big impact on our community.