Ideal for All is a user led organisation run by people with disabilities for people with disabilities. We have provided direct payment support since 1997 and have experienced knowledgeable staff who can advise on every aspect of running a direct payment and employing carers/personal assistants. We have achieved the Dudley ‘Gold Quality Standard’.
Information, Advice and Guidance
- Working in partnership with your local authority and/or health authority we can support you to understand how direct payments work. We can answer any questions you might have about who can get a direct payment, eligibility criteria, the assessment process, right through to options for managing your budget and what it can be used to purchase. Anything you want to know about direct payments and personal budgets.
We offer a reliable and low cost payroll service for employers of personal assistants or carers. Our qualified and experienced staff can manage your payroll, ensuring your staff are paid on time, every time. We have no set up fees, no end of year fees and no hidden costs. Charges only apply per payslip produced.
What we do for Payroll customers:
- Register you as an employer with HMRC
- Obtain authorisation from you to act on your behalf to liaise with HMRC
- Process employee (your carer / personal assistant) timesheets on a payroll run of your choice i.e. weekly, fortnightly, four weekly or monthly basis
- Monitor employee timesheets against your care package
- Issue payslips to employees by the date set out in the payroll calendar
- Prepare P45s when employees leave
- Provide advice on payroll related issues, such as holiday pay
- Assist with auto-enrolment in line with the pensions regulation, including enrolling on a pensions scheme and making deductions from pay
Recruitment Service and Employment Support
When you pay a carer or personal assistant directly using a direct payment or personal health budget, you are classed as an employer. Ideal for All can provide you with the necessary information and training to become a good employer, working with you at your pace to understand employment law, your responsibilities, and also keep you updated as legal requirements change.
If you choose to employ your own care staff or personal assistant/s, we can support you to recruit the right person for the role, including advice on job descriptions, employment contracts, and other aspects of hiring employees using your direct payment.
Managed Account Service
If required, Ideal for All can also manage your direct payment funds. You will still have control over your care package, our qualified and experienced staff can manage and monitor your funds on your behalf. This option suits individuals who may need or want additional support managing their care funding. We can offer this service for direct payments or personal health budgets.
What we do for Managed Account customers:
- Set up the process to have a managed account
- Set up a dedicated account in your name
- Receive and hold all direct payments/personal health budget funds
- Arrange to pay all the agreed outgoings (PA wages, care agency fees, insurance and any other bills as agreed by you and the council/NHS)
- Pay all amounts due to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Keep a record of all the income received and payments made
- Provide you with a statement showing all transactions.
- We can show you how to keep accurate financial records for running your direct payment. If you are already up and running on a direct payment and you think you need a refresher on keeping financial records, we can support you with this.
- We have a menu of support available including payroll, managed accounts, room hire, interview support, recruitment, and initial and on-going support. We can provide home visits or you can come and visit us at the Independent Living Centre or Queens Cross.
- If you have to pay for your care and support we can still provide you with the support to employ your own staff.